This was back before women were allowed to wear pants, or even show their legs. Thankfully times have changed, and women can now wear whatever they want... so why can't men?
Men are realizing all of the comforts and benefits of tights that ladies have been enjoying for a long time. Tights are supportive, they’re warm, they don’t slip, and they have a fantastic look under a pant, and these benefits are far from gender exclusive. When viewed under a pair of trousers, like a dress sock, they simply look like a dress sock and the keep a man’s appearance flawless and seamless while providing additional advantages.
Glamory has have designed hosiery for men and taken special care to have it fit a man, just as with the women’s line, take additional steps to ensure comfort. Glamory has five styles that are in the men’s collection. Each are unique and address different styles or needs in men’s hosiery.
· Glamory Classic20 is our sheerest hosiery at a 20 denier. These are transparent with a matte finish and very comfortable to wear and made for a perfect fit and comfort with flat seams a comfort gusset, reinforced panty and toe. Available in both Black and Teint. These are light weight and perfect to wear under your trousers.
· Glamory Support40 is a semi-transparent hosiery with a 40 denier. These have a slight shine to them and have compression factors that will vitalize the legs as you move or standing still. Also with flat seams, comfort gusset, and reinforced panty and toe. Available in both Black and Teint. The Support40 is perfect to wear all day. They are engineered for that very reason. These are the go to style if you are on your feet all day. Also because of its supportive properties these will aide in shaping and smoothing the legs.
· Glamory Support70 with a matte finish and opaque at 70 denier. Having the same features as the Support40. Available in Black. The Support70 is a heavier tight and ideal for the colder times of the year or colder climates.
· Glamory Microman100 are opaque, matte finish and a soft microfiber with a 100 denier. The Microman100 introduces a fly for access. Available in Black. These are perfect to wear to the office or on the construction site to stay warm. Also to the gym or a pick up game of basketball or running or cycling or any sports activity. Compression values and keeping the muscles warm just adds to the blood flow and keeping your legs fresh and energized.
· Glamory Thermoman100 are the footless version of the Microman100. All the same qualities now with the option of being footless. Opaque with a matte finish and soft microfiber 100 denier. Flat seams, comfort gusset, reinforced panty and built in fly. Available in Black.
Whenever I mention to retail store that Glamory has a men’s hosiery line I always get a weird look and it is usually followed with them saying, “we don’t have any transgender / cross-dresser shoppers. My first thought is why not, what are you doing wrong with your business that you cannot attract that part of the market. Second thought is they need to climb out of the box they built themselves and their business inside. Finally, I explain that the men’s hosiery is not even made for that market. I then see an even more puzzling look. I explain that all of our hosiery is made for men and women especially with our never before seen here in the US sizing that will fit someone 5ft or 6’7” 110lbs to 350lbs. with most of the transgender and cross-dress community dressing to look feminine. They are more of our women’s styles of the Thigh Highs and Stockings. That’s when the light turns on in their head. That’s when they understand.
Many of the men who wear hosiery are not gay, freaks, cross-dressers or any other label you want to give them. They are the postal workers, mechanics, police officers, fireman, corporate executives to office workers and men in the medical field. They are all men like Soccer star Paul Pogba, NBA star Russel Westbrook or Chicago born musician Junius Paul. Many designers are also showing men in hosiery as you can see in the Alexander McQueen’s spring/summer 15 show as well as shows from Dries Van Noten and Givenchy. The boundaries of gender fashion are starting to get blurry. Men it’s time to reclaim our tights.
Men wear hosiery for style and support. Whether it’s under their trousers in the office or shorts while out doing everyday things. They are made for the fashion forward guy that likes to dress on point and live the luxury lifestyle. One of the many men I reached out to from our social media accounts was the author of one of the most popular blogs on men’s hosiery called appropriately Hosiery For Men. I was surprised to hear him say that his readership shows he has more followers in the United States than in his home country of the UK.
The bottom line is men’s hosiery here in the US and the world is growing in popularity and is here to stay and the options and patterns will only grow as well.